In this day and age of daily soaps and reality TV series like Idols, Got Talent, MasterChef, crime or police series carry a unique fascination. Chicago P.D Extra and Chicago Med are two well-known police dramas that are currently airing in America.
These television shows are American action-drama police procedurals created by Dick Wolf and Mat Olmstead. The NBC television program “Chicago PD” was initially a spin-off of the “Chicago Fire” series.
As these One Chicago series have become popular among the viewers and are well-accepted by the audience, getting cast as an actor or an extra in popular TV shows like Chicago PD and Chicago Med can be a great opportunity.
Discussing below are a few tips and tricks to get cast on Chicago PD and Chicago Med Extra.
About One Chicago Franchise
Dick Wolf, the brains behind NBC’s “Law & Order” franchise, along with Michael Brandt, Derek Haas, and others invented the Chicago franchise. The three are also the series’ executive producers, and all of the segments are shot in Chicago, Illinois.
Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D., and Chicago Med are the three interconnected programs that make up NBC’s Chicago brand, often known as One Chicago. They are first responders in the Windy City.
The action dramas examine the professional and personal lives of the police officers, doctors, and nurses at the Gaffney Chicago Medical Centre, as well as the firefighters and paramedics from the Chicago Fire Department.
Chicago Med and Chicago PD Extras Application
Although the main star casts have been retained for Chicago PD and Chicago Med, the show’s casting directors are always looking for extras and need a variety of background performers, stand-ins, picture doubles, and other acting positions.
- You can submit an application through a professional casting agency that specializes in casting extras for TV shows and has a solid track record and positive recommendations from actors looking for work in the Chicago region such as Backstage or Project Casting.
- Online portals are widely used by casting services and production firms to find extras. For access to casting calls and to submit your application, register with websites like Casting Networks, Backstage, or Project Casting.
- Follow the official social media profiles of Chicago PD, Chicago Med, and the casting companies connected to these shows to be informed about casting calls. They frequently publish notices and details about upcoming opportunities.
- The application form consists of filling in the basic details about yourself such as full name, gender, age, etc.
- A polished headshot and a resume also need to be uploaded while filling out the application form.
- A small audition video displaying your acting talent should also be uploaded with the application form as this plays a crucial role in the selection process.
- One can also apply for the auditions by simply sending an email to email@example.com and the subject line should be the role that you are planning to apply for.
Chicago Med and Chicago PD Extras Audition
Follow the official social media profiles of Chicago PD, Chicago Med, and the casting companies connected to these shows to be informed about casting calls. They frequently publish notices and details about upcoming opportunities.
Since production is ongoing, Chicago PD extras casting and auditions and Chicago Med extras casting and auditions occur frequently.
The average episode of a procedural show in the Chicago series may feature up to 20–30 roles outside of the core actors. Casting teams are looking for people living in and around Chicago (within driving distance).
If you are called in for an audition on one of these shows, you should plan on going through a few rounds of auditions. Through a casting team audition, you might be pre-screened.
You will proceed to a producer session if the team decides you could be a good fit, where you can anticipate reading in front of an executive producer, the casting director, and a writer.
Casting moves swiftly, so when the shooting schedule is determined, offers will be made once the top creative team gets the casting picks.
Additional Tips to Increase Your Chances with the Extras Role
- Research Casting Agencies: Start by finding reputable casting agencies in the Chicago area that specialize in extra casting for TV shows. Look for agencies that have a good track record and positive reviews from aspiring actors.
- Create a Professional Headshot and Resume: Having a polished headshot and resume is essential when applying for extra roles. Invest in professional photography and make sure your resume highlights any relevant experience or skills.
- Join Online Casting Platforms: Many casting agencies and production companies use online platforms to find extras. Sign up for websites like Casting Networks, Backstage, or Project Casting to access casting calls and submit your application.
- Follow Social Media Accounts: Stay up-to-date with casting calls by following the official social media accounts of Chicago PD and Chicago Med, as well as the casting agencies associated with these shows. They often post announcements and information about upcoming opportunities.
- Attend Open Casting Calls: Some productions occasionally hold open casting calls where aspiring actors can show up in person to be considered for extra roles. Keep an eye out for these events and make sure to bring your headshot and resume.
- Be Flexible and Reliable: As an extra, you may be required to work long hours and have a flexible schedule. Production schedules can change, so it is important to be reliable and able to adapt to any last-minute changes.
- Network and Build Connections: Attend industry events, workshops, and networking sessions to meet people in the TV and film industry. Building connections can lead to valuable opportunities and referrals.
Remember, getting cast as an extra takes persistence and patience. Do not be discouraged if you do not get selected right away. Keep improving your skills, keep applying, and eventually, the right opportunity will come along. Visit our social media profile for more info.